The five-member committee chaired by Justice Samuel Obeng Diawuo, Justice of the Court of Appeal to investigate the disturbances that occured at Krobea Asante Technical/Vocational institute has on 22 February 2023 submitted its report to the Ashanti Regional Minister, Hon. Simon Osei-Mensah.
The committee which was inaugurated on 25th January were given two weeks to complete their work subject to extension.
Presenting the report, the chairman of the committee noted that they had to request for extension since most of the witnesses interviewed were outside Kumasi.
He indicated that the committee had to interview about 30 witnesses.
Receiving the report on behalf of the Ministry of Education, the Ashanti Regional Minister, Hon. Simon Osei-Mensah thanked the committee members for the work done. The indicated that he is confident the committee has done a good job since they have done similar jobs before.
Other members of the committee are:
- Mr. Richard Addo Gyamfi, Acting Ashanti Regional Director, Ghana TVET Service to take his place.
- Rt. Rev. Nuh Ben Abubekr, Retired Methodist Bishop (member).
- Mr. David Adu-Osei, Retired Regional Commander of NIB (member).
- Mr. Richard Addo Gyamfi, Acting Ashanti Regional Director, Ghana TVET Service (member).
- Dr. Abeiku Apprey, Former Principal, Kumasi Technical Institute (member).